I can do quickies as well as the next blog
Had a busy weekend living life, entertaining the girl, and cleaning my cave. A few quick things, if only to remind myself to remember to think about them:
- I see that JanneJalkanen and crew are musing out an update to the XML-RPC wiki interface. Having worked on my own implementations of this interface, I need to keep an eye on this, even if I can't quite be as active as I like.
- HTTP Extensions for a Content-Addressable Web seems hot as hell, especially for the future decentrallized publishing world I'm dreaming of.
- I'm updating my home linux box, Memoria, with Debian, defecting from Mandrake Linux. Wish me luck. Oh, and the HD in the machine has a few cranky parts from having been dropped. Wish it luck.
- Running a telnet BBS at telnet://deus-x.dyndns.org:2323. The domain may change to bbs.decafbad.com soon. I miss the BBS days. I may bemoan the loss of local community gateways onto the 'net someday soon. I'm using Synchronet on a poor overworked Pentium 70Mhz PC running Win98, on which I also inflicted Radio UserLand for the time being. No one really calls on my BBS. I've been thinking of hosting the UNIX version on Memoria.
- Thinking of trying out Radio UserLand on Memoria under Wine. I've seen mutterings which claim that this is possible. Anyone?
- I want to wax pretentious with a few musings on the Singularity, birth control, anti-biotics, glasses, and self-modifying code. I might not get around to it, though.
- Wasabi-coated peas are at once wonderful and terrifying.